My Blog List

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year!!

In an effort to connect mind and spirit, I have been reading daily meditations from the Dalai Lama. Every time I see his picture I just want to hug him, I can't help it. Anyways, I hope you can find guidance in today's thought.



"A nagging sense of discontent, a feeling of being dissatisfied, or of something not being right, is the fuel that gives rise to anger and hatred. This discontent arises in us when we feel that either ourselves, or someone we love, or our close friends are being treated unfairly or threatened and that people are being unjust.  Also, when others obstruct us in achieving something, we feel that we are being trodden upon, and then we feel angry. So the approach here is to get at the root, appreciating the casual nexus, the chain, which will ultimately explode in an emotional state like anger or hatred." - His Holiness the Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment