My Blog List

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Getting My Happy Ass in Shape

I am going to Italy for a month, 32 days to be exact. If there is one thing my homeland is known for, it's their food. Knowing that my jeans will be snug on my flight home, I am being proactive about the situation.

The yoga studio I go to is having a 30 day yoga challenge which entails going to yoga class 6 days a week for the next month. Each class is an hour and a half long meaning that I will be in downward facing dog for nine hours a week. Now, let me clear any misconceptions about yoga - it is not simply just breathing and stretching. Oh no, I walk away from most classes with jelly legs and wake up in the morning feeling like I got hit by a truck. Eventually, I would like to be able to do this:


Now, in reality I know that I cannot simply attain this in one month, but I am doing my best to be healthy. I am cutting down on deliciously fried things, magnificent cheese, and comforting chocolate (only for three weeks though - lets be real). All of these things will be plentiful in Italia and I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment